Wednesday, May 03, 2006

EAT LOCAL CHALLENGE DAY 3

Breakfast:
Yogurt and peaches again. I'm really liking this.

Lunch:
(Not the usual leftovers, because a friend is coming over.)
Muffins - Southern Biscuit self-rising flour from N.C.; Red Mule cornmeal from Athens, Ga.; a baggie of shredded yellow crookneck squash that I froze from last year's garden; the end of a jar of apple butter that I made last year from local apples; dried pears from our own tree; a couple of Florida eggs; some semi-local peanut oil. Now those are some pretty darned local muffins.
Sugar snap peas - my own
Iced sweet mint and lemon balm tea - our own herbs; Florida sugar
Quiche Lorraine - our own leftover home-cured ham; more Florida eggs; Florida cream; and the crust is secret, but I will admit there are some exemptions in it.

Dinner:
Toad in the hole - homemade sausages from our middle Georgia pig; more eggs and milk; flour. I'm not thrilled with where the flour is from, but I have something up my sleeve. It'll be better soon.
Salad - Our own lettuce; Braswell's of Georgia salad dressing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home