Friday, August 05, 2005

EAT LOCAL CHALLENGE
DAY 5

Breakfast:
Peach blueberry cake - see 8/4

Lunch:
Leftover Persian chicken with cherries and saffron rice - see 8/4

Dinner:
Pork sausage cooked with diced green pepper - both ingredients from Georgia, the latter from my own garden
Poached eggs - Florida
Blueberry cornmeal pancakes - Blueberries and cornmeal from Georgia; sugar, and eggs from Florida; kefir (substituted for buttermilk) made at home from Tennessee milk; flour not local
Raw blackberry-blossom honey - Georgia

P.S. I froze the rest of that cake after I caught myself snacking on it a couple of times. Too many sweet things today! I hope to do better in future days, but let's face it--the South really has it going on when it comes to sweet stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home