Friday, June 11, 2004

Lunch today was at North Side Cafe, Akron, Ohio. I had a salad of baby greens with grilled chicken, prosciutto, figs, goat cheese, pumpkin seeds, and pomegranate vinaigrette. It was delicious. The pomegranate vinaigrette was the house dressing. I substituted it for the vanilla-bean vinaigrette that was supposed to come on the salad, but which sounded nasty to me.

We also sampled North Side's crab cakes, which come with apple butter. Very cool combination--one I would never have thought of.

Dinner was at a Vietnamese restaurant in southeastern Atlanta. I forget the name of the place. I had char-broiled pork on broken rice and liked it a lot. We also started things off with some nice basil-y spring rolls. The place wasn't nearly as good as Bien Thuy, but it hit the spot just the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home