Saturday, January 08, 2005

THAI FISH SAUCE AND LIME CHICKEN
No recipe this time, since I made it directly from the recipe on page 138 of the Jan/Feb 2005 issue of Cooking Light. It's a good issue, one well worth picking up. I don't usually give a rat's ass about "lightness," but the s.o. and I are trying (quite successfully, I'm proud to say) to drop a few pounds right now, and the recipes in that mag are a very pleasant way to do that.

But I will add this note: I was a little baffled by the recipe's request for "sweetened chili sauce." What on earth is that? Is there something I should be keeping an eye out for at the Asian grocery?

Having none of this mysterious substance, I whipped up a sweet-and-spicy sauce I'd once made for another recipe, as follows, and used it as an ingredient in this one.

DIPPING SAUCE
3 Tbs. ketchup
1 Tbs. sriracha chile sauce
1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
1 Tbs. honey
3 tsp. rice vinegar

This stuff is the bomb. Mmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home