Tuesday, October 12, 2004

CINNAMON ROLLS
This isn't really a recipe so much as another method for using up great yeast dough.

When he made those homemade bread rolls the other day, the s.o. refrigerated half the dough. Last night I took it out, brought it to room temp, and let it rise for a while. I stretched it out into a rectangle on a large nonstick cookie sheet, coated it liberally in brown sugar and cinnamon, and rolled it up into a log. Then I cut the log into slices and let the resulting rolls rise for another half hour. I baked them for about 15 minutes at 400 degrees F.

Cinnamon rolls need a glaze, so I combined powdered sugar (a cup or two) with a tablespoon or two of milk and whisked it, tweaking the amounts, until it was the right consistency.

These are really good, especially with fresh hot coffee, and I imagine you could use different bread doughs if you wanted to customize them. Imagine making them with challah dough!

2 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Blogger Babs said...

Ack. I'm hopeless with yeast breads (so far) my stuff always seems to turn into weaponry after an hour or so.

 
At 1:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too! That's why I let the s.o. deal with such things. He's got "the touch."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home