Monday, August 16, 2004

I've been a slacker about this blog lately because the s.o. has been smoking all kinds of nice meat on the grill. He's really got his technique down, but I have little idea of what that technique might be, so I can't post it.

But here's what I made for lunch today. My mom and her husband taught me how to make it. It's one of my favorite salads of all time, and responds well to experimentation and ad-libbing.

CHICKPEA SALAD
1 can chickpeas, drained
a small handful of basil leaves, chopped
a large stalk of celery, chopped
half a sweet onion or a couple of spring onions, chopped
one or two sweet banana peppers, chopped (optional, and not part of the original recipe)
a few good drizzles of olive oil
several generous splashes of balsamic vinegar
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Toss all the ingredients together. Serve over lettuce if you like--the dressing is meant to be generous, so it will dress the lettuce as well. Improves with marinating.

I usually make a double recipe because I like it so well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home